Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What Must I Do To Lose Weight

My problems with weight gain didn’t start until I was older.  I was a skinny kid all my life and even into adulthood.  Even after I had my kids, in my 20s, I managed to get off the weight by using just a diet and a little bit of exercise.  I seemed to be one of the lucky ones who didn’t have to struggle with weight, although I saw plenty of my friends and family members trying to get excess weight off.  It did help that I had my children at a younger age and had them nearly three years apart - it gave my body a chance to get back into shape each time.  

The key to any successful weight-loss endeavor is to set some sensible weight loss goals. Setting goals will let you track your progress and gives you a definite target to aim for. You don’t want to aim too high and set yourself up for failure or even worse, risk your health by losing too much too fast.

For a number of people, overeating stems from anxiety.  For instance, if you find yourself consuming an entire bag of potato chips, it’s possible that anxiety is the cause.  While many people realize that alcohol and illegal drugs are not an antidote to anxiety, they may not understand that indulging in comfort food in order to combat anxiety can be dangerous as well.

One misconception is that you can still lose weight, even if you eat whatever you choose.  Actually, you need to be careful about how many calories you consume and increase your exercise in order to ensure that you burn more fat than you take in.  Also, it is important that you limit portions in order to ensure that you do not add extra weight.  If you select low-calorie foods and you eat smaller portions, while enhancing your physical activity, you should be able to lose weight.    However, you may still be able to eat some of the food you like best—provided you eat it in moderation or, if high in calories, only sparingly.

When you're trying to find the best weight-loss exercise video, you might have to go through a few before you find one you really like. There are so many to choose from today, but at least you have a good chance of finding several you enjoy.